Membership in the Slavic Linguistics Society is open to anyone interested in the scholarly, linguistic study of Slavic languages, regardless of academic rank or employment.
Benefits of Membership
Membership in the Slavic Linguistics Society comes with several benefits.
- Members receive a subscription to the Journal of Slavic Linguistics, a peer-reviewed journal published in two issues each year.
- Members are entitled to submit papers to the Journal of Slavic Linguistics to be considered for publication.
- Members are entitled to submit papers to be considered for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- By special arrangement with American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages (AATSEEL), members are entitled to attend and submit papers for presentation at AATSEEL annual meetings. (This is intended primarily for members whose home department is not Slavic.)
- Members pay a lower registration fee at the Annual Meeting.
- Members may vote on SLS resolutions and in Executive Board elections.
- Members can choose to have their names listed in the membership directory.
In addition, members play an important role in fostering the scholarly community and supporting the mission of the Slavic Linguistics Society. The SLS hopes to expand its activities, for instance, by offering travel grants to students and underemployed scholars, so that they can attend the Annual Meeting, and by developing outreach and advocacy activities. But to do this, we need a strong membership base. So join or renew your membership today!
Types of Membership
There are three types of annual membership:
- Tenure-line faculty in North America or Western Europe ($40)
- Students ($20)
- Others ($30)
In addition, a lifetime membership option is available for $600.
All members receive the same benefits, regardless of type. All memberships are for individuals, and are valid for the calendar year.
The SLS does not offer institutional memberships. (Institutional subscriptions to the Journal of Slavic Linguistics are available directly from Slavica Publishers.)
Join the Slavic Linguistics Society
To join the SLS, or to renew your membership, please fill out the membership form. Payments are processed through PayPal; when you submit the membership form, you will be routed to PayPal to enter your payment information. There is also an option to send in a check (payable in US dollars).